Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Scriptures 1

I wanted to share a few scriptures that I have been clinging to though our ordeal. Our faith has been so important to us especially though all this.

As I've mentioned about a dozen times now, when all this started last year I went looking for a verse on faith. I thought I was going to one scripture, but wound up at another and it was so profound to me that I've kept it tucked away and brought it out when I needed it:

Hebrews 12:1 NLT
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.

In fact, this is what I wrote about this scripture when I found it almost 17 months ago. (you can read the entire entry here)

I won’t lose faith. Why? Because with everyone watching me and my reactions, I want them to see Christ in me. Yes, my heart would break if Mac left, but my faith would grow ever stronger in the promise that God will take care of me and my family as we lean on Him. If Mac stays, I want everyone to see me rejoice and praise God in a way I’m sure I will have never experienced myself.Someone shared a verse with me not long ago that has also helped immensely.
Another verse that has been helpful is this one:

Joshua 1:9
This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

It amazes me that God is always with me, but thank goodness He is! I am a sinner, just as we all are. Yet God chooses to love us and protect us. I can only pray that God will protect my son. And knowing that God is with him at all times gives me courage that I would never be able to muster on my own.

One last one for today:

Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

God bless you in all you do. I am running my race, I am keeping the faith. I am trusting that God will keep my family intact and keep my son safe. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails