Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kids Songs

My kids love songs. They love to sing. Sarah Bradley doesn't always love it when I sing, but sometimes she indulges me.

SB's favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Traffic Light. Not familiar with that one? Much like the little star, but with traffic lights.
Twinkle Twinkle Traffic Light
On the corner shining bright
Red means stop, green means go
Yellow mean very slow.
Twinkle Twinkle Traffic Light
On the corner shining bright

Here's a youtube video I found of kids singing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbvsjBa6Ub0&feature=related

One of Mac's favorites is On Top of Spaghetti. One of mine too!

On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese
I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed *achoo*
It rolled off the table, and onto the floor
I lost my poor meatball, as it rolled out the door!

Here's a youtube video for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0jLgf8rK4c

A few more of their favorites:
We love all songs Laurie Berkner. She's featured on Jack's Big Music Show and her songs are so catchy. One of the faves is Boots, but I can't find a good youtube video of it.
I also sing a song to Mac that my mom sung to me as a child - The Beatles "Blackbird" Maybe not the most child-appropriate song. I loved it as a child and now Mac does too.

What are some of your kids' favorite songs?


Most of the time I don't mind their songs. Sometimes I feel like if I hear them one more time I'll scream, but for the most part. I enjoy the kids' songs. They're cute and fun and most of the time they teach them something or at least get them moving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails