You know the ones I'm talking about - losing weight, not eating XYZ, not watching TV, etc. It seems most center on weight issues, don't they?
But I do think setting goals for one's self or just having ideas as to things we hope to accomplish for the coming time is a good idea. Nothing super solid that we'll mentally beat ourselves for when we mess it up. I mean really - who can go a whole year without drinking sweet tea/coffee/margaritas?
So here are my goals for 2011. They may happen. They may not. Who knows, really? Not me. But still, here they are. (And note, I'm writing them out NOW so that they are clearly NOT resolutions).
- Share the love of Jesus with everyone I encounter.
- Attend a writer's conference.
- Write letters to my elderly relatives and learn more about their childhoods.
- Finish another novel.
- Dance more with my children.
- Travel to Texas (more on that later).
- Tell my loved ones that I love them more often.
What are your goals for 2011?