But I do have Christmas spirit - tons of it. Ask my Bible Study - I used "jazz hands" just the other day.
Here are, in my opinion, the Top 10 Best Christmas Gifts.
- Anything home made by a child. Bonus points for things made of macaroni.
- Music. Music is the universal language and everyone appreciates music. So maybe Aunt Donna doesn't appreciate your taste in music, but iTunes is always in style!
- Omaha Steaks. My aunt has gotten in the habit of sending us some Omaha steaks and potatoes. Who doesn't love free steak?
- Spa packages. Doesn't matter if it's only for a few dollars. Anything that will make a woman feel pretty is a winning gift.
- Jewelry. And I mean the real stuff. My husband has been telling me for 13 Christmas's now that he started off bad when for our first Christmas he got me a diamond cross. He says topping it each year is too hard. But always a winner!
- Pictures. Either an actual picture of the receiver's loved ones or the gift of pictures - as in a gift card to their favorite photography studio. Memories are the best gifts!
- A book or book gift certificate. For me at least... books are worth their weight in gold. Bonus if you get someone a Kindle.
- A new car. Yes, it's far-fetched and I doubt it would ever happen. But we can all fantasize, right?
- A Bible. Letting someone know that God loves them is an amazing gift. Plant the seed of love and pray for it to grow! And you can never have too many Bibles.
- Time. I don't care who you are, a date with someone you love is the very, very best gift. We put little slips of paper with prizes in our advent calendar. Each person has a slip of paper to get a "date" with each other person. Giving the gift of time is the best gift anyone can ever get.