Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Last Day of School - Here Comes Summer!

I'm feeling a little sad today. It's the last day of school for the year.

My children are growing up (as I mentioned in the last post). SB has finished her 2nd year of preschool and Mac his first. SB has one more year to go before Kindergarten, Mac will be a year behind - I can't believe it!

So today school breaks for the summer. Lazy days, nothing to do, time to spend together...

Wait - WHAT??? Rewind that. Nothing to do? You mean I have to entertain them myself? Are you serious?

What am I supposed to do with these kids all summer? Camps! That's right! Camps go on all summer long!
Um... I called the camps - swim, school, dance, karate, etc. They all require something we don't have a lot of...Money. So that means camps are out.

I know! Day trips! The zoo, the aquarium, going to our favorite place - Helen, Ga!
Wait, wait...gas is almost $4/gallon. And those places cost admission plus food expenses. Same as before - we're not swimming in dough.

Okay. I know there's something I can do with Thing 1 & Thing 2 this summer that won't cost a ton of money.
I got it - picnic lunches at the lake and a TON of movies on Netflix. Or build things with old boxes we happen to have lying around...



Summer, here we come!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails