Wednesday, June 15, 2011

So Long, Old Friend

Oh, my Dear Old Friend...

Why did you leave me?
I miss you.

Don't you miss me? I'm sure you would if you realized you were gone. But I don't know if you even know you've not been invited into this house in some time.
It seems the kids don't think they need you any more. They should be enjoying you as I type this, but instead they're playing video games and whispering quietly to each other. It's very sweet, really, but it seems they've outgrown you.

I haven't though. I want you to come back. I want you to be here every day at one o'clock and give me a chance to sit back and relax. I want a chance to fold the laundry and watch my own shows on the TV. I want a few minutes to close my eyes and daydream. I miss having a good 45 minutes each day to open my book file and write about the characters swimming in my head, or read if I'm experiencing writer's block.

But you're gone. It's been weeks now and you're gone. Sure you show up here and there on random days, but I'm not expecting you so I can't enjoy you to the fullest. It's a whole new world for me, these bustling afternoons. I'm not used to it. I'm unsure what to do.

I miss you, Dear Old Friend. You were always my favorite time of day - Nap Time.

With Love,
Allison

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails