Friday, February 17, 2012

So, I guess I should write a Whitney post...

Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you've heard that Whitney Houston died the other day.

Do you know how I found out? Within about 3 seconds, my facebook newsfeed exploded with "OMG! Whitney is dead! I can't believe it!" And people who seemed to be truly mourning over the death of the former pop star.

Except for me.

My thought was, "Wow, I had no idea Whitney was still alive. Bummer about that."

And I seemed to be the only person in the world who felt that way. I have friends who were acting like she was a member of their family. I really think they were crying over this death.

I mean, yes, Whitney Houston was a fabulous singer. Twenty years ago. But I seriously had no idea she was still alive. And really, did she ever do anything that wonderfully fantastic?

This picture kind of sums up my thoughts on the matter:


So - Whitney's death? Yeah, sad for her family. But worth all the hype when people much more worthy of our awe and reverence are dying every day? No. No, sorry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails