Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Remember My Kindergarten Boyfriend

Do you remember your very first boyfriend/girlfriend? I do.

I was in Kindergarten. His name was Neil. He had auburn hair and freckles. We would always sit near each other in class or at lunch. It was very serious for 5-year-olds.

My son Mac is in Kindy now. And this week is Valentine's. When I suggested the kids make Valentine's for their friends, Mac announced, "I'm going to make one for Jane*! We're going to get married!"

This is news for me. Jane* is a girl in his class. She's an adorable little free spirited girl. I put the picture of his Valentine on facebook and her mother said Jane is very excited about this.

I don't know if either child will remember this when they are grown. But I know I remember the first boy I had a crush on. It meant a lot to me at the time and now the memory is very dear to me. I hope they will always remember the first person who made their heart go pitter-pat.






*Jane is not her real name.


(and - I know I haven't blogged in months. I've been thinking about making a come back.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails