Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What We Moms Love

To go along with yesterday's post about what non-parents take for granted (okay, let's be honest...non-parents and dads), I thought I would do one about what what non-moms are missing out on.

Now, I'm not trying to make this sound like if you don't have a child your life is incomplete. And I don't want to make those who are unable to have a child right now feel bad - trust me, I know the boat you are in.

But I polled my friends and these are their actual answers to what non-parents are missing out on:
  1. (and the one I agree most with!) The joy of experiencing life through the eyes of a child.
  2. Unparalleled honesty.
  3. The sweetest hugs.
  4. Watching the babies you made grow up to be little people and the love they give. (this goes for the children you have adopted as well, not just the ones made in-house)
  5. Sweet, innocent, slobbery kisses!!
  6. The hilarious things they say! (ie: this morning, my daughter told me she looked famous.).
  7. Watching them when they figure out something new. Be it discovering their feet or figuring out how something works - that's the best!
  8. The night time chats where it is just you and your little one.
  9. They don't hold grudges.
  10. Understanding more about how my Heavenly Father loves me. (Amen, sister!)

I so do love being a mom (99% of the time!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails