Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cleaning Up

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a stickler for making my kids clean up. I'm not a cleaner, so how can I expect them to be cleaners, too?

In my most humble and scattered opinion, toys are just going to wind up all over the floor again, and beds will be slept in again... so what does it hurt to leave them out? Saves time and effort.

I do appreciate tidy though. Living room toys in a box/buggy/stroller pushed off to the side of the room counts as clean enough to me. I vacuum, I keep things fairly neat when necessary. I "Clean" (complete with capital C) when social workers visit or I'm entertaining. But there are still toys scattered around.

I mean, seriously, I have 2 kids. I have two very young kids. The minute I've picked up they're right behind me whirlwinding again, making a mess of things.

I realize I should be teaching them to clean up after themselves - and they do to an extent. Spilled popcorn gets cleaned up, dirty clothes go in the hamper, couch cushions need to make it back onto the couch after playing "swamp." So we're not spotless, super-clean people. At least we don't belong on Hoarders.


But, as I said, I'm not a neat freak, I'm not a clean-up queen. My kids are not pick-up fanatics. And that's okay with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails