Saturday, July 17, 2010

I Hate To-Do Lists

I hate To-Do lists.

They're never done. Never. No matter what, the to-do list is ever growing and seldom changing.

Let's take a look at a typical to-do list in my house:
  1. Laundry
  2. Dishes
  3. Straightening up
  4. Pick up prescriptions
  5. Feed kids/dogs
  6. Make dinner
  7. Get anniversary card
Notice anything? Five of those seven things are DAILY TO-DOs! They are never crossed off the list! I can do a load of laundry, but guess what?? There's another load still waiting! ARUGH! It's a never ending cycle of to-dos that will never get the glitz and glamour of coming off the list.

So here's what I do. I make a "Ta-Da" List instead. Make a list of things you accomplished today, both big and small. Because even if it's not on your to-do, you did it and that's what counts.


Here's today's Ta-Da List:
  1. Fed kids/dogs
  2. Load of laundry
  3. Put dishes away
  4. Picked up prescription 
  5. Went to fundraiser lunch for a local group who's home burned down
  6. Took said lunch to Marshall's office so we could all eat together
  7. Picked up boxes for best friend who's moving
  8. Made tea & kool-aid
  9. Blogged!
Look! I did two more things than what's on my to-do list! Isn't that amazing??

So next time you have a daunting, never ending to-do list... maybe rearrange it into a Ta-Da list instead!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails