Saturday, October 9, 2010

So you're my husband!

Marshall and I got to go on a date night. It was heavenly, I don't think we've been on a date night in a few months (since our anniversary). We've just been so busy. But tonight we went out while my most wonderful Mom watched Thing 1 & Thing 2.


We went to eat at Long Horn. I had never been there before, but it was wonderful. We went because I had a $4 off coupon (thanks, Aunt Patty!), so our $48 meal was ONLY $44. LOL. But we had some wonderful food - their ribeyes were perfect - and even better conversation. And really, that's what a date night is all about, isn't it?

After eating we went to Toys "R" Us. Yes, I know, we were kidless and went to the toy store. We played with the toys - both big toys and kid toys. We got Mac's Halloween costume and looked at hand-held games we wanted to get for the kids and ourselves. And we talked more. There are a lot of good adult conversation starters in Toys "R" Us.

Then we went to Denny's next door and had dessert. When one of your children can't have dairy - going for chocolatey cake and ice cream is a real treat because we don't ever get it even as a family. 

All in all it was just a good night. I finally re-met the man who's been living with me all this time. He's my husband!

And I just want to remind those of you with significant others - please take time to be alone with them on occasion. And watching NCIS from opposite ends of the couch doesn't count. It it vitally important for children to see their parents in a loving relationship and for them to see that being romantic is good at any age - even when you're embarrassing the crum out of them!
Having date nights with your spouse is so important to reconnect. As I was reminded when I got married - your children will grow up and leave the house and you will be left with a man you don't recognize sitting across the dinner table from you. It's nice to remeet him every so often and remember WHY you fell in love in the first place.

1 comment:

cbrueggie said...

i love date night. for over 2 years we had one a year. . . but it's up to 6 - 8 a year and it's FANTASTIC! somehow it gets easier to re-connect the more often we do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails