Saturday, November 6, 2010

Girls' Night

I wish I had a picture from tonight. But I was too busy running my mouth and laughing to take a picture.

Every month a friend of mine hosts a girls night. This is someone I'm friends with, but I don't know her incredibly well. And I only know the other people she invites from going to this group. And I have met at least 2 new people each time I go.

So it's a diverse group. Most have young children. We eat delicious bad for you sweets, we play crazy games (tonight I introduced them to Apples to Apples!) and we gab, gab, gab.

The night, in and of itself, is not overly spectacular. It's not terribly long. But it is some of the most therapeutic time in my entire month.

As a stay-at-home-mother (Domestic Engineer is how I describe it), having an outlet is vital. Somewhere where other people get me. They understand how hard potty training a 2 year old is. They get that husbands often just don't get it.

And we talk. The average women needs to speak more than 5,000 words a day. And while I spend hours on end answering every question under the sun ("Momma, when will Daddy be home? Momma, why does Marcel bark? Momma, why did Mac just pee on the couch?"), it's just not the stimulating conversation I long for on a day to day basis.

Girls' nights provide that conversation. And not just stimulating conversation...we crack up. We talk about stupid thing as well. And I love it.

If you are a mom and you don't have a group of ladies to just goof off with - FIND SOME! It is so important. It's like having 5 therapists you don't have to pay and you can eat chocolate with them.

I love my groups - I have a few. From social groups to Bible studies to just hanging out with my BFFs... girlfriends are the spice of life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails