Monday, January 3, 2011

Drew Barrymore's Smokey Eyes

Have you seen the new Cover Girl commercial? The one with Drew Barrymore pushing the latest in the "Smokey Eye" look?

Ms. Barrymore

I have to admit, I'm not much of a smokey eye kind of girl. I put on a little eye liner, I smear on a small wedge of "cashmere" brown eye shadow and head out the door.

But recently I found myself going out to a nicer restaurant for dinner and I had a few extra minutes while the children were destroying the house playing quietly, so I thought I would attempt Ms. Barrymore's Smokey Eye look.

What I wound up with with something akin to the make-up of a Cirque du Soliel show.

(we actually saw this show in Las Vegas - it was awesome)
Maybe I just don't know the art of the Smokey Eye. Maybe I need the professional make-up artistry of someone in Hollywood - you know, the people who GET PAID to put make-up on the likes of Drew Barrymore. But regardless, it did not work for me.

Note to self: stick to cashmere. Leave the Smokey Eye for Drew.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get it!

Unknown said...

Yea, I tried the "Smokey Eye" thingy too. Weird, but one of the saggiest, wrinkliest parts of my body as a result of aging is my eyelids! Compound that bad thing with my progressivly worsening eyesight and my attempt at the Smokey Eyes looked more like I fell face first into a campfire! Over it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails