So here are a few percentages I thought you would enjoy today!
- The average person spends 33% of their life sleeping - that's 26.4 years if you live to be 80!
- On average, we spend almost 8 years sitting on the toilet - that's 10% of your life!
- Children spend about 33% of their time in school, but over 18 years it works out to being 12% of their life (cherish this time!). That's 2,340 days from Kindergarten to 12th grade.
- In the first two years of life, a child will go through anywhere from 2500-2900 diapers PER YEAR.
- If it takes a mom 2 minutes to change each diaper, that's roughly 83 hours a year changing diapers (that's 3.5 full days).
- If the average wife/mother spends 45 minutes making dinner 5 nights a week, that's 3.75 hours/week. That becomes 195 hours or 8.125 days per year. Over the course of 45 years, that works out to spending one whole entire year devoted to nothing but cooking dinner (not counting breakfast or lunch).
- If you hand wash your dishes (as I do) and it takes you 20 minutes a day to do that, in a year you will spend 121 hours or 5 whole days washing dishes. That works out to being just over 1% of your entire year.
- Count double that for laundry - so laundry and dishes together make up 15 days out of your entire year.
- Cleaning is an ongoing thing. 30 minutes a day in tidying doesn't seem like much...but over a year that's 182.5 hours a year (7.6 days).