Monday, January 31, 2011

Shop the Sale

I think coupons are awesome. Back in the day, I thought coupons were for saps. Seriously, I thought only "losers" used coupons for anything.

I am proud to announce I am now a coupon loser. And proud of it.

I am not going to pretend that I know all the secrets to couponing, and many times I find that when only using coupons it's cheaper to buy the store brand of something (cheese slices, zip-top bags, etc) than use the coupon for the name brand.
However, I have discovered shopping the sales. Every week I scour the sale ads from my local stores and plan my menu around that. It's amazing. I save like $30 a week shopping the sales.

Now, add coupons on top of those sales and the savings are great. For instance, this week Olive Oil is on sale at one of my stores, plus the coupon I have and I'm getting an $10 olive oil for $4! 60% savings and we ALWAYS need olive oil.

I'm excited about shopping this week, I have a TON of coupons in hand and I now shop different stores to make the most of their sales. Yes, it's extra effort to shop the sales, but part of my job is to save us money when we can!

Happy Shopping.

PS - I credit www.southernsavers.com for telling us what's on sale and where to find the local coupons. Wonderful stuff!

1 comment:

Heather Baird said...

Oooh....I love coupons!!! I agree with you; it is often cheaper to buy the store brand than to get the namebrand with the coupon. Shopping the sales is a great way to rack up the savings! I use a few websites that may help you save even more!

1) www.mycouponteacher.com is a blog that helps save money. She suggests numerous websites. One she uses is www.coupons.com

2) Another good website is www.weusecoupons.com. A great website to print coupons.

3) One of my favorites is http://thekrazycouponlady.com. You can print coupons here. She also gives you deals, not to a lot of grocery stores since they are different all over the country (she does use publix and safeway). But she provides deals at kmart, wal-mart, target, and drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, and Rite-Aid.

4) And my personal favorite: if you have access to a Food Lion and have an MVP card you can go online, register your MVP card, look through coupons, and then load those coupons to your card. When you check out and scan your card, the store savings plus your coupons come off!

Hope this helps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails