Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Blink of an Eye

It's something moms hear all the time... "They'll be grown in the blink of an eye."

I remember when SB was a baby and people would tell me this all the time. One friend looked fondly at her then six-year-old and said, "I promise she was that tiny and I blinked...now look at her."

Now, if you know me, you know I am not a baby person. While they're cuddly and cute and smell wonderful (when not loaded), they don't do much. They can't even sit up. They can't feed themselves, can't talk or move... I much prefer a child that can interact with you.

So when my friend said that in the blink of an eyes my child would become six, I started blinking.

"It's not working," I said.

"What's not working? Are you okay?" She asked.

"I"m blinking and she is NOT growing! This isn't working," I said in frustration.

Yeah...kids do not grow in the blink of an eye. But it's still pretty quick.

It still seems like just the other day SB was a curious 2-year-old and Mac had just come home. It seems like a few short months ago Mac celebrated his first birthday and this week he will be three! It's going quickly. I don't understand how I'm about to be the parent of a 3 and a 4 year old.

Quick, yes. Blink of an eye? Not quite. I'm still working on that one.


::blink::  ::blink::  ::blink::

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails