Saturday, April 30, 2011

Top 10: Things I Would Like for Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a week away. The day mom's get appreciate for all the hard work they do - and still get to do all that hard work while their families sit around and simply "appreciate."

All moms want to be appreciated. But I think something all moms want is to be appreciated every day, not just some Sunday holiday that accounts for the most card and flower sales in the country. Not to mention the most long-distance calls.

So here is my Top 10 things I would like for Mother's Day. Honey, take note!

  1. A day off. I can't complain, because I had a week off of parenting recently, but I would still like a break from laundry and dishes - and that does NOT mean leaving it for the next day. That means the family doing it for me.
  2. A spa day - mani, pedi, facial, massage and getting my hair done. Then having the day off after that so as not to ruin afore mentioned coifing. 
  3. My favorite meal...for breakfast, lunch and dinner...that I didn't have to lift a finger to prepare. Don't care who makes it, as long as it's not me.
  4. I would like a new patio set. Okay, forget new, I just want a patio set. We eat outside a lot when it's nice weather and we're eating at a plastic Dollar General table I bought about 10 years ago when I was in college. I'm now 30, it's time to upgrade.
  5. A cake. Who doesn't love a cake? Again, doesn't matter who made it, as long as it's chocolate and I didn't have to bake it.
  6. A date with my hubby. Yes, it's mother's day, but that would be very nice.
  7. A date with each of my children, alone. I would love to have that one-on-one time with them.
  8. More children. Yes, I'm crazy. I would love to adopt again.
  9. Okay, I'll take the card and flowers...
  10. Lots of hugs and kisses. Because that's what being a mom is all about!

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails