Thursday, July 28, 2011

Well, that's a relief

I hate fruit. I mean, really. I don't eat it. I might have an apple slice here or there or a stray grape - mainly just to look good in front of my fruit-loving friends. So they don't think I eat nothing but chocolate and peanut butter (not together, though, that's just gross). I think the only fruit I eat willingly is watermelon, but it's not a fruit, it's water on a giant green container.

But I don't like it. No strawberries, blueberries, citrus...the sight and smell of peaches makes me gag. Literally. Gross me out. *bleh bleh*

But my kids love it. They would eat fruit all day every day. Now, there are a few they don't like. SB can't stand blueberries, and by association, Mac doesn't like them anymore. But for the most part. They love fruit.

I even occasionally buy my children peaches. Occasionally. Like two or three times a year. Just so they remember they still like them. I hold my breath as I quickly peel and slice the delicate flesh and pass it to them and then quickly wash my hands so I don't wind up with icky peach juice lingering on me.

But usually it's strawberries, cantaloupe, bananas, apples, etc. The "usuals" I guess. I'm just so glad they like fruit. And that I'm not afraid to serve it to them despite my aversion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails