Friday, August 26, 2011

The First Day of School

First off - My sweet little red-headed newborn starts Kindergarten next year. I am baffled. I can't believe this is her 3rd and final year of Preschool!

But the kids started school yesterday. Mac in 3K and SB in 4K. I started them both in the 2-year-old class. It's been amazing watching their progress over the past few years.

SB is so terribly bright. She's very smart, she loves to learn and "loves homework."
Mac has come so far. He's so inquisitive and sops up new stuff like a sponge!

All parents think their children are prodigies. I am no exception. They both have their strengths, but I know both have their weaknesses as well. I think Mac will be an expert at problem solving. He's very hands-on and will learn best that way. Where I think SB is a thinker - she loves to write and work numbers. Both of them love patterns and rhythms.

I'm so thankful for their Preschool. It's a wonderful Christian environment and I wish we had the funds to send them to the private Christian K-12 next year, but I don't foresee that happening (esp. with Mac being just a year behind - so double the price in two years).

So here's a picture - and bonus of the last two years...

2011-2012 school year
2010-2011 school year
2009-2010 school year... my how she's grown!
Where have my babies gone?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails