Monday, September 12, 2011

Morning People vs Not Morning People

I can guarantee that when this is posted, my husband and my daughter will still be asleep.
And that Mac and I are wide awake.

You see, Marshall and SB are not morning people. Not. At. All.
But Mac and I...well, we are.

I was raised to be a morning person. When I was in high school, I would get to school AN HOUR EARLY. Just because. I know - it was crazy. Now I like to sleep in, but when I'm up, I'm up and moving.

Mac is the same. That child does not need sleep at all. He can have no nap, go to bed at 10pm, wake at 6am and he's good to go. I don't get it. And he's wide awake, peppy and ready to run.

When we get up, we're up. The day has begun let's hop to it.

On the flip side...

Marshall's favorite past time is sleeping. Forget games, sports, anything else. Sleep. It was his major in college (just kidding. kind of.). The man can sleep for 12 hours straight. Wake up, lay on the couch and sleep some more. It's amazing.

SB has apparently inherited part of this gene. She loves to sleep. If she had it her way, she would take a 2 hour nap each afternoon, and still sleep 10-12 hours at night. As it is, I try not to allow her to sleep during the day (because otherwise she'll be up too late), and she's in bed at 8, awake at 7 or 7:30.

When they both wake up they're sluggish. They're tired. They're grumpy.

This makes for an interesting combination at our house. The Sleepers and the Nonsleepers.

What are you? How does that work in your family dynamic?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails