Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Publisher

So, it seems I completely forgot to blog about this, but I was offered a publishing contract a few weeks ago.

I was so excited to actually find a publisher who was willing to look at manuscripts I didn't do a whole lot of research on them.
They are legit, but not incredibly big and there are several factors that, along with prayer, make me think this was not the best move for me. But it had got me working harder to write, researching more in the way of publishers, agents and publicists and everything else.

I am excited about writing. I have always wanted to be a novelist, for as long as I can remember. I wrote my first full-length "story" when I was twelve years old. It was almost 100 hand-written pages and I was so proud of it.

I feel like this is part of God's calling in my life. It's something I have always wanted to do, something that I feel like I need to do.

In my research I found a publisher I really want to work with. They're not taking submissions until January, which gives me time to finish some writing, getting some things planned out and pray like heck that they'll like me.

I have one novel completed and two almost done. If my posting becomes a little more scarce, that might be why! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails