Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dial Tone

When were in Disney World two months ago (wow, 2 months ago?), we stayed in a really nice condo-ish place. Like most rentals, it was fully furnished, complete with in-house telephones.

One day, while we were having a rare moment of down time, SB picked up the telephone in her room. She came running to me, "Mommy! Mommy! There's something wrong with the phone!"

I went over to it and took the receiver from her and put it to my ear. Nothing out of the ordinary. I asked her what the problem was.

"Don't you hear that noise? What is that noise?"

Yeah - the dial tone. She had no idea what a dial tone is.


It's amazing the things we had that our kids will never know. And the things we never had that they know nothing different.

We didn't have cell phones, iPads or even home computers when I was 5.
And my children will never know dial tones, dot-matrix printers or typewriter ribbon.

What a difference 25 years make!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails