Monday, March 26, 2012

Pet Turtles Joined Our Family

This past weekend we took the kids to a local reptile expo. We were hoping to expose them to more varieties of animals, plus it was a cheap way to spend the afternoon.


I am a snake aficionado. I have had two snakes in the past and I have always had a thing for them. I was Ooh'ing and Aah'ing over all of them.

SB wanted to see lizards. I don't know why. I am not a lizard lover. Mac just walked around saying how cool everything was and Marshall tries to keep him from touching everything in sight.

Then we came across the turtles. Tiny red-eared slider turtles.

Did we mention almost everything was for sale?

Including the turtles?

So we got two adorable little turtles for $5 each. You can tell we have preschoolers because they're named Lightning and Ariel.

The kids are obsessed; and the tank, filter, food, and accessories all cost almost $60. Six times the cost of the turtles. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails