Friday, August 31, 2012

My Initial Thoughts on School

SB has been in school 2 weeks now and I have several observations to make.

First - Whose bright idea was it to have school start at 8am? I mean, we live only 2 miles from school and we still have to get up at the crack of dawn to get SB ready.

Second - I don't like not talking to the teacher every day. I've spent the last 3 years picking my children up from their classroom...often with 10 minute conversations. Last year SB's teacher was one of my best hang-out buddies. I've only talked to the kindergarten teacher in passing. I have to communicate with her via notes in SB's backpack. I know she gets "stars" each day, but I don't know what happened - well without it being seen through the eyes of a 5-year-old.

Third - The pick up line! Arugh, the pick up line! It takes 30 minutes to get through the line. Either I get in line early and sit until school dismisses, or I get there and slowly scoot up in 10 foot increments. Now, this is far more preferable to the bus (who wants their 5 year old on a bus with 12 year olds???), but it's still a pain in the butt.

But I'm loving how SB is already thriving. She's drawing her teachers pictures. She told me the other day one girl was sad because she didn't have anyone to play with and she cheered her up and played with her. I was so proud.
She is very tired after school, but she's trying to adjust to a 6 hour school day as opposed to 3, but she's doing good.

Next week Mac starts his 4K class. He will be going in the afternoon though! Drop off at 11:30 and then pick up the kids together. We'll see how it goes with him! I can't wait!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails