Monday, August 13, 2012

Yes to the Dress

I love the show Say Yes to the Dress. It's awesome. I can't imagine having the budget these girls do for a dress. Most of their dress budgets cover my entire wedding budget - and I bought 2 dresses! I can't imagine spending $5,000 on a dress that will only be worn for a few hours. I really hope I can instill this idea in my children before they get married.
I mean - the wedding is great. It's the start of Forever, I get that. But really - the wedding is a day. It's the marriage we should be focused on. Want to spend $5k? Put a down payment on a house or car. Start a college saving plan for your children. Weddings are so temporary!

Marshall's and my anniversary is this week. Nine years! We've been talking about renewing our vows for our 10th, so I'm starting to think about that more. It's time to plan!

I checked into my #1 pick for location. Yeah...over $2,000. I don't think so. Remember what I said above about putting that money to better use? So I'm looking for a place that's free or close to it.

But I'm excited! I can't wait to renew our vows next year. I want to show my children what a committed marriage looks like, what love is like. God centered, respectful, loving. And I think hearing our vows spoken again will aide in that.

So I guess stay tuned in the next year for more on Vow Renewal 2013 news!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails