Saturday, August 11, 2012

Alone Time

Last Friday my husband packed up the kids and headed to his parents' house for their annual family reunion. I didn't go both because of how pregnant I am and because I figured I could use the down time.

And use it I did! I cleaned up and out both kids' room, which was amazing. Took two HUGE boxes to a consignment store, and even more to Goodwill. Mom and I set up the baby's room so it's ready to go! (We just need the baby!) I also washed a lot of baby things, plus got on top of the rest of the laundry. And I spent a lot of time with my mom, which was so precious! I love time with my mom!

But after about 4 days I started getting bored. I had done most of my "chores." I had relaxed a TON. I slept till 10:30 in the morning. It was heavenly. I watched what I wanted on TV (really, most TV is crap).

Marshall and the kids were gone a week. Friday to Friday. It was LONG. By Wednesday I was desperate for them to come home, but I knew this would be my last chance for quiet.

In 10 days school starts for the kindergartener. A week later my preschooler goes back. Then we're just counting down days until the baby comes. It's the calm before the storm!

I'm so thankful for this time, but I'm so glad to have my chaotic family home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails