Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I'm Writing, but Where is My Audience?

Last night I finished my third book. Isn't that incredible? I mean, not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty darn excited about it. Three books? That's quite an accomplishment.

Except, I don't have anyone to read said books. I don't even know if any of these books are any good except from a few friends who have been waiting for the past 18 months for me to finish this last one. (It seems I can't write while pregnant/with a newborn. It happened before.)

I've been shopping around and checking out publishers and literary agents. Many of them don't allow blind submissions. I have to have someone recommend me. I need an "in." But how do I get an "in" if I can't get anyone to talk to me?

Yes, I have considered self-publishing, but I would prefer to wait and really try it the hard way first. Besides, when you self-publish, you pay out a ton of money to have your book printed, but then no way to sell it. Unless Aunt Ida really does want all 500 copies of your book...you're up a creek, as they say.

So I'm looking around. I have more ideas for more novels in my head. And I will keep on writing them. And maybe, one day, you will be able to read one of these creations from the depths of my brain!

Unless - Do you know any agents or publishers you could recommend me to? Pretty please? I'll give you some ice cream...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails