Sunday, August 22, 2010

Heros, Take Four


I've been such a bad blogger. I'm so sorry. After court last week, my best friend had a baby then I was having terrible back pain (stress induced - go figure, huh?).

But it's time for a hero again and I actually already mentioned her! My hero this week is my good friend Michelle (she has a blog but is a terrible blogger and hasn't updated in eons, so I won't link to her).

Michelle is my hero this week because she's my best friend - she has put up with all my junk for years now. And because in the last 6 weeks her entire life has been uprooted by the loss of career, moving in with her in-laws and giving birth to her second daughter.

We met a lifetime ago (before we were married). We got married in the same summer and started trying to have a family around the same time. We also experienced difficulties in getting pregnant. We were, seemingly, the only married without children women at our church, so we began to spend time together.

Lo and behold, I popped up pregnant. Five months later, Michelle did too! Sarah Bradley and Carly are absolute best of friends. When we found out about Mac coming home to us, I called her first. When she got pregnant again, she called me to discuss how to tell her husband. I cried with her when she lost that precious baby and cried more when she came up pregnant again soon after.

When Sarah Bradley was born, Michelle was waiting with her ear to the room door the entire time. When Carly was born, I did the same.
And this past Monday as Alyssa was born (on my wedding anniversary), I was coloring with Carly in the waiting room when I heard the traditional lullaby play over the PA system signifying that a baby had been born. I wept when Carly sang "Jesus Loves Me" to her new baby sister just an hour after she was born (and I wept loudly - it wrapped up a very emotional week for me).

So Michelle is my hero this week for no reason other than I love her dearly and I can't imagine my life without her.

Carly, SB & Mac...best of friends

Michelle and I outside Paula Deen's in Savannah this April

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Just read this again. I don't know what is going to happen when I move to Texas but I know our friendship will stay intact! I love you so much and can't imagine my life without you in it! Thank you for being my best friend and listening to me whine! BTW what day do you want to set up to skype each week? LOL.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails