Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Top 10: Things I Take for Granted

We're all thankful for a lot of things. I've already given a Top 10 for that. But there are also so many things I'm thankful for that I take for granted on any given day.

So here is my top 10 things I take for granted...

  1. Running water to wash my clothes & dishes, to bathe in and to drink. According to Charity: Water, almost 1 billion people across the world are without clean drinking water.
  2. Insulation, heat & air conditioning, ceiling fans. They keep us warm in the winter and cool in the summer. 
  3. Technology like cell phones, TV (& TiVo!!), radios and more.
  4. A loving family. As I have shared before - there are 114,000 children in foster care right now waiting for a forever family because their first one wasn't able to care for them.
  5. The ability to go where ever I want, whenever I want.
  6. Hugs from my children and affection from my husband. All too often I brush them aside because I'm tired or have something to do. They are most important and those hugs recharge my battery like nothing else.
  7. The ability to read. I wish I had a Kindle, but I read books all the time. And I'm even more thankful that I can read my Bible daily. In 2009, livescience.com reported that 1 in 7 American adults can not read.
  8. Prayer. I pray daily and am so humbled to know that people pray for me daily in return!
  9. School. Yes, my children currently attend a private Christian preschool, but the are not only able to go to school, but it's expected and the law where so many countries in this world would send them to work while they were still children. I also take higher learning for granted - my degree may not get much use, but I'm so glad I have it!
  10. A God who not only made me but loves me even on my bad days. "And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." - Romans 5:5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails