Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I don't buy a lot into Valentine's Day. We should show we love someone every day of the year - not just a holiday hyped up to promote lagging winter sales of candy and all things red and pink.



But I do love my husband and children and family and friends. So I wanted to take a moment to profess it publicly.

Marshall - I adore you. When I need you, you're there. And while I have always longed to be an uppity, high-maintenance, upscale woman - you have kept me grounded in my blue jeans and Birkenstocks. And for that I am eternally grateful. Life is so much more fun this way.

SB - You are so smart it hurts me. I love watching you grow and learn. You are such a mini-me and I know that will cause us clashing issues down the road, but I also hope it will bring us closer together.

Mac - My sweet baby boy - not a baby anymore. You are growing by leaps and bounds and I am so impressed with how far you've come. I am so thankful God chose us as your family and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you.

Mom & Dad - Thank you for raising me to be the person I am now. You are inspirations for me and I can't imagine better parents. You have blessed me more than you will ever know. I love you!

Moe & Melissa - I thank you for raising such a godly son! He is amazing and I can only credit God and you for that. And thank you for welcoming me into your family.

Michelle (& Zach) - You are the best friend anyone could ask for. God truly handed us trials that we could help each other with through Him and I couldn't have asked for more. I love you like a sister (and brother) and hope that never changes.

Kim - You are also one of the best friends I could ask for. You help keep me sane and grounded. I love spending time with you and can't wait to see how God uses us for His good!

Well, that's about it for now. If you weren't mentioned, don't feel like I don't love you. I do! But if I listed everyone the list would go on forever.

Have a wonderful Valentine's with the ones you love!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails