Saturday, April 9, 2011

FAQs about our loss

People are already asking about this loss so I thought I would answer some questions I've gotten.

  • No, the kids did not know I was pregnant. Please don't tell them. I don't want to have to explain it to my preschoolers.
  • What I mean by things didn't develop is that when we went in, everything measured behind about 2 weeks. We went back in to be sure we weren't just off 2 weeks, but I pretty much knew we weren't. I was very prepared when she said there still was nothing there.
  • People have assumed we were trying - we were not trying to get pregnant. Not that it's any of your business anyway. I had said the day before I found out that I had no desire to be pregnant again. 
  • Yes, I am now questioning the statement of not wanting to be pregnant. I just don't know...but since we do struggle with infertility it's not something we thought we would deal with again.
  • No, I don't mind your sympathy. Just don't give me your pity. Help me heal, don't make me feel bad. It is perfectly fine for you to ignore the whole thing.
  • Yes, I do feel the need to busy myself to get my mind off it.
  • Even though this baby was not planned, he was still loved and very wanted. And I miss him despite the fact that I never held him.
  • No, this is not the hardest thing I've had to do. I would give that title to handing Mac over week after week for those visits with his biological relatives.
  • No, I do not doubt God at all. I know He has a plan, and I know I will probably not know it for a long time. That's okay. I have peace about it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails