Saturday, June 4, 2011

Southern Is as Southern Does

My daughter has developed a Southern Accent. I'm not entirely sure where she got it from. I have a slight one that comes and goes, but I don't "accent" the same words she does.


For instance - Ice is not "eye-ssss" it's "ayh-ssss." And right here comes out as "rh-yat hee-yah."

I wish I could video it for you to show you, but when I ask her to say "ice" she says it properly. Only when she's speaking without thinking does the accent come out.

I think it's cute. It goes with the Double-Barrel first name and the love of red, white and blue and ice cream.

She's a Southern Girl. And I couldn't be more proud!

1 comment:

Jayme said...

She is so cute! I'm originally from NY and while I haven't lived there in 15 years, I've noticed my kids saying certain things with a NY accent.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails