Thursday, August 23, 2012

Smile!

What makes you smile?

Sure, sure, there's the usual suspects - hubby, kids, a good glass of wine...

But what else? What makes you break out into that slow smile that makes you feel like a million bucks?

One of the things for me is talking about adoption. When anyone at all asks me, "Tell me why you adopted." Or maybe, "What was your adoption like?" I get that feeling. I smile wide and I could talk about adoption options, the process, different types of adoption...I could talk about it for hours!

Another thing is books. Reading gives me that high. When I finish a book, especially one with a wonderful ending, I can't help but smile. When I read the good parts - the juicy parts - I smile. And of course, when I read the hard parts I cry. But mostly, I smile.

And who doesn't love to smile when they see an old friend they haven't seen in a long time? Now, it's been a while since I've seen someone I have not seen in a while. But even talking on the phone, or getting a sweet text from someone special or someone you haven't heard from in a while - it builds that giant smile.

So - those are a few things that make me smile! Share yours!

This post is part of MamaKat's writing promt: Aside from your kids, pets, your husband, your coffee and your wine...what makes you smile?


Mama’s Losin’ It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails