Saturday, September 25, 2010

Party

Today is our party. We have so much to celebrate!

Marshall turns 30 today. His mom is trying to argue that he's 20, but you know... 30 is a milestone! His third decade. When Marshall was born there were no cell phones - shoot, there wasn't even home computers. Especially not in colors other than green.
I know I don't have much room to talk - I'll be 30 in exactly three months (which, PS, means you have exactly 3 months to get your Christmas shopping done). But Marshall will forever be 3 months older than me and I shall lord it over him for as long as we live. Let me have my moment.

We are also celebrating Mac's adoption. It seems so surreal. 21 months after we brought him home to finally finish this process and start LIFE. Real life without looking over my shoulder, without the constant worry that someone will take him away. It's amazing to know that my son is mine!

Of course, we are also celebrating Sarah Bradley and myself. We're celebrating being a family. It's not just a party for the boys (though they are why we're having the party), it's a party for all of us. A chance to come together with our family and friends and thank God for all the blessings he has bestowed upon us.

I am so ready to party. Aren't you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails