Thursday, October 20, 2011

How Do I Do That?

I am blown away with each blog post of a 21 year old girl who has given her entire life away. Twenty-One years old and she's not in college, going to the movies, making out with frat boys or planning a wedding. She's not worried about her career or having the hottest trends. She's living in a Third World country, feeding people. Praying with people. She's taken in 14 girls who now call her Mommy. And she's only twenty-one years old.

I've blogged about Katie Davis before. Her amazing testimony. Her utter truth and her want for a better faith. Her desire to show the face of Jesus to people who have never seen it before.

She's recently come out with a book, Kisses from Katie, telling about how Christ is working in the people of Uganda. Just watching the video trailer had me in tears. Watch for yourself:





How can I be more like her? A girl, 10 years younger than me, who admittedly doesn't have it all together yet seems to know right where the Lord wants her.

How do I do that? How do I follow God's leading? It sounds like a simple enough answer, but it's not.

I'm too comfortable in my earthly environment. I like watching tv shows from Netflix. I like having any food I could possibly ever want right in front of me within a moment's notice. I like the creature comforts of heating and air conditioning and choosing which shoes to wear or buying new ones if I want to.

I want to be uncomfortable and live out my faith so that others would have to see God at work in my life. How do I do that?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails