Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Top 10

Tomorrow is the day we all have been waiting for - it's a month till Christmas!
No, I'm just kidding. I'm not ready for that yet. Tomorrow is the day we sit down with the families we have - be they the family we were born in to, adopted in to or those we chose for ourselves - and give thanks for all that we have.

It's been a rough few years for us. Everything with Mac's adoption, the expense involved, Marshall being in business for himself (which means not having a regular income). The kids are growing into the sassiest things alive. We had the miscarriage earlier this year. There are so many things we can look at and says, "Geez, it's been so hard (living a middle-class American life where we get to do things like eat every day and we have two cars and a mostly solid roof over our heads). You know, it's been hard."

But why is it so hard for us to realize just how blessed we are (you know, that we do get to eat not once a day, but any time we want! and that we have cars and electricity)? So I wanted to give you what I'm most thankful for this year.
Drumroll please...
  1. The ability to stay home with my kids. Even though I would LOVE to have a career (not a job, a career), I realized this year just how blessed we are are I can stat home and raise the kids. Yes, my working would mean a  lot of our financial peace, but it's not worth the cost of our children's formative years. 
  2. Smartphones. Yes, they're a hassle. They never work right. But through this awesome technology I can be in touch with anyone at the touch of a button. It's amazing to me that I can chat with my friends in Hong Kong and New Zealand any time I want. It's a blessing when prayers are needed.
  3. My parents. They are awesome.
  4. My in-laws. Also awesome.
  5. New friends I have made this year. At the end of 2010 I felt very alone when the BFF & family moved to Mars (Okay, Texas. Might as well have been Mars). I'm so glad they're back and that I've also made some amazing other friends this year though my No Kids Allowed Mom's Club. Marshall and I have been hanging out with people over 4-foot-tall all year and it's been fantastic! I'm so thankful God brought me friends!
  6. I'm thankful for my church. For the leadership we have, for the people who are passionate about spreading the word about Christ's unfailing love even when we fail.
  7. My two BFFs. Michelle is an amazing person whom I love dearly. And Sindu has been my rock for the last 25 (gulp!) years and I love her so much. Without them I think this year would have sucked. A lot.
  8. The three people I live with. Marshall, Thing 1 & Thing 2. They are the most amazing people I have ever met and I adore them all. God has blessed me more than I could ever know with them.
  9. All the things I take for granted - food, hot (running!) water, sweet tea, scotch tape, television, insulation, ink pens, microwaves, cars, public schools, our teachers, freedom of speech and religion, toys, games, cameras, LIFE!
  10. The ability to worship the Alpha and Omega, Adonai, El Roi, El Shaddai, Abba. Father. I am so, so blessed to live in a land where we can praise Him freely. I am so thankful to God for adopting me into His Forever Family. I am so unworthy, but He wanted me anyway. Praise Him!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours this Holy Day. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails