Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Learned a Lot Last Year

I know the popular thing in a New Year is to post resolutions, but since last year I resolved to not make any more resolutions, I'm not doing that. But I did want to tell you what I'm proud of from my 2011.

  • It's okay to cry publicly. 
    • Since the loss of our sweet baby in early April, I have had several people come to me telling me that my story has helped them through their own journey's with infertility and miscarriage. While I would never wish the loss of a child on anyone, I am so grateful that I can be a Christian sister to those enduring such a hardship. I have learned that through this small platform of the blogging world, I can be "Jesus with skin on" to someone who needs it desperately.
  • I can do anything I set my mind to doing.
    • This week I have come incredibly close to finishing my second novel. It's an amazing feeling. And there are so many times I have felt more than overwhelmed with my writing because I'm trying to write while the kids are at school, while they're watching TV or while I should be spending time with my spouse. It's so hard to balance it all. Of course, the book comes after the family, but I still have done my best by it and I am so thrilled to say that it's just about done! Two novels! If only I could get them published!
  •  I attended a blogging conference.
    • Attending Bloggy Boot Camp in October was one of the biggest highlights of my year. Most of the local writer's conferences I want to attend are both expensive and inconvenient time-wise. But this blogging conference (and hopefully more to come) was such a blessing to me! I loved meeting the other women and connecting with people who have passions very much like mine!
  • I supported a friend in need.
    • I'd like to say I supported every friend I had have who had a need this year. But two in particular had some rough things happen this year and I am so happy to have been able to support them, encourage them and love on them through their hard times! I hope that I was able to be an effective witness for the love of Christ and that they know they can come to me any time!
  • I helped someone make a decision toward adoption.
    • You know this is a big one for me! I have a friend who has been talking about adopting for a while now, but one day I said to her, "What are you waiting for? Don't wait for 'the right time' to come along, because it never will. THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME!" And you know what? She seized the moment and spoke with her husband about adoption. They signed up to go to an informational meeting in January. Only God can move someone to adopt, but sometimes a person needs a little push to take that step and I cried happy tears when she said they were going to a meeting soon!
  • I taught my children the real meaning of Christmas.
    • My kids know what Christmas is all about. They know Santa is just a character and that Jesus is the star of the show. I am so proud of that! It excites me to no end that my children told everyone that Christmas is Jesus' Birthday. I can't wait for next year!
 There are so many other things I'm proud of accomplishing this year, but these are the biggies. 2011 was certainly an interesting year for me, I can't wait to see what 2012 brings!
What are your biggest accomplishments of 2011?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails