Thursday, March 29, 2012

Anxiety

I was diagnosed yesterday with anxiety.


I have never been so relieved to have something wrong with me.

For the past several weeks I've become worse and worse in terms of being anxious. The pregnancy, of course, plus the kids, the husband. Trying to maintain the house while wanting to do nothing but sleep. Trying to juggle everything I need to do.

It's not more than I can handle...but my brain has gone into defense mode. Everything is making me panic, and it's not getting better.

I talked to my doctor yesterday and she said I could take a low dose prescription that would be safe for the baby and should help me regain control over my mind.

This is not new for me. I had post-pardum depression when my daughter was born. And I had some mild anxiety when we brought Mac home. I was expecting to have some PPD this time around, but wasn't prepared for needing something now.

If you feel depressed or anxious, talk to your doctor! It is a medical condition just like diabetes. There is treatment for it! Don't be afraid to tell someone how you are feeling! I know it will make a world of difference for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails