Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy Adoption Day!

One year ago today, we went before the judge and finally - FINALLY - adopted Mac.

It took forever. It seemed like forever. Twenty-One months of praying and waiting. Twenty-one months of thinking that my son might be taken from me and returned to the family he was taken from in the first place.

I am forever grateful to those who supported us in this journey...
Our parents especially who cried with us, held us and helped us financially.
Mac's amazing awesome social worker, Miss Amanda, who always looked out for his best interest and came to every boring doctors appointment and had real concern for Mac, not just because he was her charge.
Real friends who never stopped praying, never quit loving and always had our back.
My amazing best friend, Michelle, who stood by me and cried with me the first time I had to hand my baby to the social worker for Mac's first bio-relative visit. And all the subsequent visits where we wandered the mall waiting for him to come back to us.
The guardian ad-litem who also looked out for Mac's best interest above any other agenda.
Yes, even the attorneys who charged us an arm and a leg but got the paperwork done and won the case.
The wonderful prayer warriors at PAI from near and far who were available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

And I can't leave God out of the equation. The hardest prayer I ever prayed was for God to put Mac where he belonged, even if that was not with us. I am so thankful for the almost 3 years I have been blessed to call Mac my son. I will never forget God placed both our children with us for a reason. He is so good!


Happy Adoption Day, Mackie Boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails