Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top 10 Reasons...

I'm recycling a post from last year to introduce November, which is National Adoption Month! Enjoy my Top 10 Reasons to Adopt:

1. There are 147 million orphans across the world.
2. Because you really do have room for one more in your house, arms & heart.
3. You really can afford it - regular DSS adoptions are virtually free. You can also apply for grants.
4. Because every child deserves to have a place to call home and a family to call their own.
5. Because your other children really want a baby sister (or brother).
6. Someone you know has been wonderfully blessed by adoption.
7. It's much less painful than birthing a child in terms of physical duress.
8. There's a type of adoption to fit what you are looking for (domestic, international, foster care, waiting child, etc).
9. Kids grow up and need moms & dads to come home to during the holidays and other life events.
10. God calls us all to adopt and even Christ himself was adopted by his earthly father. And God has adopted us all into his family.

I'll add a bonus reason today:

11. Because if I hadn't adopted, I would not have been blessed with my son, without whom I can not imagine life. He has blessed me so much more than I have blessed him.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails