Sunday, December 4, 2011

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe December 4th is upon us again. Six years ago, December 4th was just a random day 3 weeks before Christmas, but 5 years ago that all changed. My beautiful little girl made her entrance into the world.


I know I am an avid adoption blogger, but some people don't realize I actually birthed this one. Shocking I know! SB was born 5 years ago today after I carried her for an amazing 37 weeks. I'll echo my own mother's words when it comes to birthing only one child: I did it right the first time - no need to do it again!

Adorable 5 year old!

SB is an amazing little girl. She's so incredibly smart. I know all moms say that, but I mean it! Her teachers tell me all the time they wish they had 12 SB's in their class. She has perception other 5 year olds just don't possess. She can spell real words. She LOVES science and can speak articulately and with a very high level vocabulary.


If you know SB you know she's very much like me - well, she is my mini-me. Just with red hair. She's snarky and funny. She's also very sweet and compassionate. She thinks all the world is a stage and life is her oyster.
On the flip side of that is my very shy, reserved little girl who won't talk to or look at anyone who is not in her "inner circle." If you're in the inner circle, consider yourself lucky. Not even my father is in her inner circle.
She's also one of the most stubborn children I have ever met. She knows what she wants, when she wants it, how she wants it. In fact, when we went to do her birthday pictures last week she kept getting angry and shouting, "THIS WAS NOT MY PLAN!" Which went wonderfully with my shouting back, "This IS MY PLAN!" But she's a girl who knows what she wants, and as much as it bugs me, I'm so glad she's an independent thinker and do-er. 

Someone doesn't want her picture taken


I am amazed each and every day at what this child accomplishes. I can't believe I had a hand in creating her. Yes, disciplining her is hard (we butt heads - a lot), but she is just such an astonishing person. I can't wait to see who she grows up to be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails