So I thought I would share some of my goals with you. Accountability and all, right? And I realized I can't achieve my goals if I don't try. I will fail if I don't even make the effort.
Here are my life goals. All of them. Some I have achieved, and they are crossed off. But way too many are sitting idle without my doing much about it. Ready? Here we go.
Become a mother Adopt a child
- Foster children who are aging out of the system
- Be the "cool house" where kids feel comfortable hanging out and talking to me
- Raise children to not be homicidal maniacs and/or criminals
- Raise children to love the Lord
- See children married off so they're their spouses' problem
Write a book Write more than one book
- Attend a literary conference
- Have a sit down with a publisher even if they don't pick me up
- Be sure a publisher picks me up
- Hold/own a hard copy of each of my published books
- DJ my own radio show
- Become a public speaker and encourager
- Get paid to write and/or talk
Realize I don't have it all together
- Realize nobody has it all together
- Pray more, gossip less
- Show my faith to everyone around me
- Give my friends a hand up when needed
- Serve my community and church more
- Help my husband be the leader of our home
- Help my children grow in their faith and love
So these are my goals. Some are a little more lofty than others. Some are fairly simplistic. Many I can't accomplish at this point yet (no arranged marriages for the kiddos, thank you). But many I can. I can attend a writer's conference. I can work on becoming a DJ or public speaker. And of course I can always pray more.
Help me stay accountable, okay? Thanks!
Post a Comment