Friday, May 23, 2014

Hallway Praises

I'm still here. I still don't have a job. I've applied. I've been ignored. I've been denied. And I'm still here. I keep wondering what God has in store.

A very dear friend of mine shared this with me:


I'm doing my best to Praise God in the hallway while I'm waiting for that door. I told my friend that the hallway was starting to get stale and boring. But I'm still praising!

I'm praising for the roof over my head, gas in the car, food on the table, opportunities that knock on occasion, and the plans He's laid out for me. I'm praising for the three children who exasperate me, the husband who also exasperates me, and the smiles they bring to me daily. I'm praising for friends, family, and the kind word from the guy who bags my groceries.

The hallway is not always fun. Sometimes it's dark and smells a little. But I know that means when God opens that door - OH, when God opens that door - the light will come in and it will smell fresh and clean and welcoming. And I will rush through it with arms wide open praising all the way! Thank you, Lord!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails